Website ENGS Insurance Agency
Engs Commercial Finance Co., a 60+ year commercial transportation finance company, is looking to hire a full-time Insurance Agent to support its fast-growing business. The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator, hard-working and represent our company in the highest manner possible. This candidate will also need to multi-task and interact with all internal and external clients.
The Producer is responsible for prospecting, soliciting, quoting, and selling new and renewal accounts. Specific sales goals and service responsibilities are determined during the yearly planning process. Service and sales standards must be met with emphasis placed on the quality of the insurance product presented to the client.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following. Other functions may be assigned as business conditions change.
- Assists in the development of the sales objectives. Meets the forecasted premium volume and commission growth goals as established with Vice President.
- Creates and maintains prospect and suspect lists.
- Underwrites insurance prospects for insurability and quality of risk.
- Identifies the client’s insurance needs, gaps in coverage, and loss exposures (insurable and uninsurable).
- Obtains accurate information from the prospects; including completing applications, supplemental questionnaires, driver information, and other related documentation in order to provide complete, comprehensive submissions.
- Recommends insurance coverage to clients based on exposures.
- Meets agency standards for account receivables.
- Accurately documents client files and electronic files as to coverage discussions, quotes, declination, and coverage change or declined.
- Maintain a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, agency, and company personnel to minimize potentials for error or omission claims.
- Follow agency Standard of Excellence and Best Practices procedures for processing and preparation of customer correspondence, certificates of insurance, binders, cancellation requests, insurance I.D. cards, and internal correspondence as requested ensuring that activities and follow-ups are set and the client file in the agency management systems are updated and consistent with the paper file.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs such as Word and Excel;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- 4-year college degree required
- Illinois State Insurance Brokers License required