Website ENGS Commercial Finance Co
Engs Commercial Finance Co. (“ECF”) is looking for an experienced deficiency balance collector, who has strong skip tracing skill and a working knowledge of post liquidation and recovery collections. This position will be responsible for making outbound calls and contacts to customers to collect any/all outstanding balances or identifying and recommending solutions that will bring these past due accounts up-to-date. In addition to making the calls, this position is responsible for setting deficiency strategy, creating and maintaining deficiency reporting, presenting deficiency collection results to management, etc. Previous industry experience is a must.
The successful applicant for this position will have excellent organizational skills, a strong strategic mind, a strong work ethic, a willingness to “roll up your sleeves” and dive into the data, be results-oriented but detail-minded, etc. The reposition requires skip tracing experience, excellent negotiating skills, and familiarity with the legal options available to resolve these situations.
- Detailed responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Setting deficiency department goals and strategy, and communicating results
Creating and maintaining deficiency reporting (working with IT as needed to get access to the critical data elements)
- Taking 100% ownership of the collection of balances from accounts from time of final liquidation/charge off until account is settled or resolved
- Full compliance with all regulations and laws
Experience and Required Skills:
- Expertise with truck finance and all related collateral (Truck, Trailer, etc.).
- 3-5 years of Sr. Level/deficiency experience.
- 3-5 years of management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Collection Plus tracking system.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple job duties
- Able to lead by example and work both independently and with internal departments.
- Ability to collect creatively, within the confines of the law
- Strong working knowledge of skip tracing and skip tracing tools
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred: Equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted in lieu of degree