Website ENGS Commercial Finance Co.
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT
The Network Services Engineer is responsible for adjusting, monitoring, troubleshooting and overall efficient and secure operation of the network / desktop systems including hardware, software, and phone technologies. The position has been established to perform complex LAN/WAN projects involving the design, analysis, maintenance, and implementation of LAN/WAN equipment and networks and perform system administration on those systems.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Participate in the administration of all associated LAN/WAN systems.
- Align computer systems technologies to compliment and support business/strategic plans.
- Make recommendations for new/altered technologies that would contribute to cost savings and/or productivity improvements.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Maintain, develop, document, and monitor procedures and policies.
- Implement approved changes and upgrades to servers, network devices, and desktop hardware as necessary.
- Maintain and create infrastructure documentation and diagrams.
- Help maintain an inventory of all computer equipment and software licenses for maintenance schedules and overall control along with upgrade paths.
- Provide helpdesk support and issue resolution for the organization in completion of reported hardware and software issues.
- Analyze computer system malfunctions, including the number and type of re-starts, processing delays and errors, and other evidence of unsatisfactory or unusual conditions.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Help maintain a comprehensive disaster recovery plan and conduct periodic testing as required.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Information/Computer science or equivalent work experience; emphasis on network and computer operations.
- 5+ years experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Windows based environments.
- Solid knowledge in network topography (OSI network layers, TCP/IP), configuration, design, and troubleshooting.
- 2+ years experience in Office365 configuration and administration.
- 1+ years experience in virtual server environments (Hyper-V and Scale preferred).
- Internet Information Server experience a plus.
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell)
- Experience with automation software (Labtech/ConnectWise preferred)
- Excellent customer interaction skills.
- Results Oriented – Effectively manage a set of tasks through to completion
- Team Oriented – Ability to work effectively with diverse personalities
- Ability to work with and take direction from an assigned Project Manager
- Willingness to work off hours as required.