Website ENGS Commercial Finance Co.
Engs Commercial Finance Co. is looking for a motivated and experienced collection professional who is skilled in skip tracing, working with delinquent/troubled customer accounts, and building strong business relationships through interaction with repossession companies. The person in this role will be responsible for, but not limited to: determining the best course of action to resolve collection-exhausted delinquency issues, preparing repossession files for the asset management team, and coordinating with the repossession agents and our accounts payable team to ensure all invoices related to repossession activity are paid in a timely manner. The ideal candidate must be positive, focused, a team player, and possess strong multitasking and negotiating skills. The person in this position must be willing to handle all responsibilities and reporting for all accounts assigned for repossession by our Collection Department until a resolution is reached.
Detailed Responsibilities Include:
- Sole responsibility for accounts from point of repo assignment until repossession or account collected current.
- Prepare and present account status reports to management upon request.
- Maximize recoveries through customer contact, skip tracing, or other means necessary while working in conjunction with repo agencies.
- Assist our Collections Team by issuing door knockers and field assignments prior to repo assignment.
- Assign accounts to our repo companies based on best probability of recovery and reassign as necessary.
- Coordinate with Collections, Asset Management, and Legal to effectively utilize all resources to reach account resolution.
- Create complete and thorough documentation so that the file can be handed to asset management for remarketing purposes.
- Document all interaction with customers and outside agencies to ensure tracking and reporting accuracy.
- Make recommendations to Senior Management and Asset Management in regards to charging off accounts. When necessary, recommend working with customers to reschedule, rewrite, or extend payments.
- Handle all invoice resolution to make sure bills are paid in a timely fashion.
- 3 years collections experience (commercial preferred)
- 1-2 years of credit experience preferred but not required
- College Degree preferred but not required
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Solid working knowledge of MS Excel and MS Word preferred
- Comfortable working in a fast paced team environment
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Reports To: VP of PMG