Website ENGS Commercial Finance Co.
The senior credit analyst, in a larger exposure underwriting role, has a critically important function to review and process transactions within their authority of $400k and present transactions for total exposures exceeding $400k to senior management across all verticals.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review applications for accuracy
- Obtain & analyze public and private information such as Dun & Bradstreet reports, Paynet reports, Secretary of State corporate name verifications, Safer reports, Credit Bureau reports etc.
- Call, fax or email for bank and credit references
- Review and spread financials/tax returns to provide formative analysis regarding performance and trends. Familiarity with Moody’s Financial/Risk Analysis is important to assist with underwriting analysis.
- Communicate with “clients” (vendors, dealers, brokers, customers etc.) in a professional manner via phone or email
- Travel, from time to time, to meet with clients
- Research industries, markets and equipment as necessary
- Underwrite and decision transactions within credit authority to $400k
- Underwrite and present transactions that exceed $400k to senior management and credit committee
- Interact with peers, via phone or email to support company initiatives
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- 4 year Bachelor’s degree required with a major in finance or management preferred
- Minimum 5 years of commercial underwriting experience
- Diversity – Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time. Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Customer Service – Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction. Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities. Uses time efficiently.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Occasionally required to stand and walk
- Frequently required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to talk or hear
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
- The employee must occasionally lift and /or move 10 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Close vision