Website ENGS Commercial Finance Co.
Engs Commercial Finance Co. is looking for an experienced and motivated collection professional who is capable of developing customer relationships, recognizing delinquency trends, identifying causes of account difficulties, and determining the best course of action to resolve delinquency issues. The ideal candidate must be focused, a team player, and willing to handle high exposure customers. The individual must possess strong negotiation and leadership skills to be successful in this position.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- High volume daily outbound and inbound collection calls and emails to/from delinquent customers
- Develop working relationships with customers while gathering background information to build their company profile
- Prepare and present account status reports to Collections Manager and V.P. upon request, along with recommendations to resolve delinquency
- Maximize recoveries through customer contact, skip tracing, or other necessary means with any actions taken to be in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
- Coordinate with our Asset Management Team and Repossession Coordinator to avoid repossession and mitigate losses when possible
- Work with customers to reschedule, rewrite, or extend payments when necessary to avoid repossession and cure delinquency
- Work with the Collections Team and other departments to develop and improve processes and procedures
- Coordinate with Credit, Sales, dealers, and other personnel to effectively utilize all resources to maximize productivity
- Create default letters and formulate emails to contact customers regarding delinquency
- Document all interaction with customers and vendors in detail and with precision
- Make recommendations to Collections Manager, Senior Management, and Asset Management in regards to repossessing collateral when appropriate
- Assist the Collections Manager in training and mentoring lower level collectors
- Promote teamwork within the Collections and Customer Service groups ensuring a collaborative team atmosphere
- Comply with Engs’ corporate Code of Ethics, Code of Conduct, Compliance Standards, Information Security Policy, Dress Code Policy, etc. at all times.
- 3-5 years commercial collections experience
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong negotiation and leadership skills
- Customer service focused
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple responsibilities
- Intermediate or higher skill level in using MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced team environment
- Bilingual in English & Spanish a plus
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. CST (overtime available as needed).
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Employee signature below constitutes employee’s understanding of the requirements, essential functions and duties of this position.