Website ENGS Commercial Finance Co
The Syndication Analyst will support the activities of the Capital Markets Buy and Sell desks. Emphasis on transactional support and process improvements to ensure Capital Markets purchases and sales are closed in a timely and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Gather internal customer and credit information to prepare and deliver syndication sale packages to prospective funding sources utilizing online portal.
- Review third party originator transactions for completeness and submit to ENGS credit for review.
- Interact with our various funding and origination sources on follow up requests- providing an excellent level of service.
- Coordinate with Documentation during closing process to ensure completeness of transaction documents and work with origination sources to resolve any deficiencies.
- Ensure key syndication data elements are accurately captured in systems post-funding.
- Coordinate with Accounting to ensure purchase transactions are funded and transactions are accurately onboarded into ENGS accounting systems, capturing key contract terms and conditions.
- Develop and implement key buy desk and sell desk reporting capabilities.
- Communicate with financial partners on serviced transactions. Facilitate communication on service related items requiring communication/coordination such as delinquencies and renewals.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in business related field, accounting or finance preferred.
- 3+ years in the financial services industry, 3+ years in syndications or capital markets preferred.
- Proficiency with loan and leasing systems, preferably Aspire, Lease Plus, Salesforce
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Excel, Word and Power Point.
- Strong understanding of loan pricing and amortization schedules, including T-Value.
- Good understanding of credit and underwriting (financial statement analysis and third-party credit reports).
- Familiarity with the legal contracts of lease and loan transactions.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interact with other internal cross functional teams.
- Positive outlook and team-oriented approach to achieving department and company goals.
- Analytical – Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Business Acumen – Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Ethics – Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.